Re: [siprec] SIP Recording Metadata :Receivedvs RecordedMedia Streams

"Henry Lum" <Henry.Lum@alcatel-lucent.com> Wed, 27 October 2010 21:48 UTC

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:50:27 -0700
References: <35BCE99A477D6A4986FB2216D8CF2CFD04145378@XMB-BGL-417.cisco.com><4CB8543D.6010301@cisco.com><07465C1D981ABC41A344374066AE1A2C389CC927E3@TLVMBX01.nice.com> <4CBC55A0.4070904@cisco.com><112D473B3B647E408336AAF7839AE025028B8EBD@stb-msg-01.stb.spescom.com><A444A0F8084434499206E78C106220CA0232F99A0F@MCHP058A.global-ad.net><4CC04946.4060408@cisco.com><A444A0F8084434499206E78C106220CA0232F99AE4@MCHP058A.global-ad.net><4CC0680C.5090602@cisco.com><A444A0F8084434499206E78C106220CA0232F99B22@MCHP058A.global-ad.net><4CC07CD1.2070402@cisco.com><112D473B3B647E408336AAF7839AE0250290BFF3@stb-msg-01.stb.spescom.com> <4CC1BB13.40506@cisco.com>
From: Henry Lum <Henry.Lum@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, De Villiers de Wet <dvdewet@za.spescom.com>
Cc: siprec@ietf.org, Leon Portman <Leon.Portman@nice.com>
Subject: Re: [siprec] SIP Recording Metadata :Receivedvs RecordedMedia Streams

I think De Villers suggestion using a CS Link gives more flexibility to
the SRC than using a CS Group. A CS Group implies that the SRC have to
tie multiple CSes to a single RS, whereas a Link is more a loosely
defined construct that allows the SRC to link different CSes across
RSes.

Taking the same consultation example below with A/B/C; if party C
resides on separate site it is likely to require a separate RS to record
party C. Using CS link, we now have a mechanism for the SRC to link the
relationship between the different segments of the call but are not
forced to group the CSes into a single RS.

An SRC can still model the same thing using a single CS out of the 3
parties with different received media streams and participants, but then
you are forced to use a single CS to model the parties and this is
undesirable when the parties are spread across sites. Having a link
between CSes allows the SRC to have the flexibility to define what is a
CS (from 3pcc perspective normally), and that seems to be a reasonable
solution to this problem.

Regards,
Henry

determination.

> > 	Thanks,
> > 	Paul
> >
> >> John

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.